Anonymous marking is a system of assessment where a student's name and any other identifiable information is unavailable to instructors.
If at any point during marking an instructor identifies collusion in a paper, they have the ability to reveal the student's name. Consequently, an audit trail will be created, where you, as an administrator, will receive a notification for this. You will also receive an instructor's reason for unveiling a student's name in order for any issues to be properly investigated.
1. From the main Accounts homepage, select the cog icon from within the Edit column for the account you wish to enable anonymous marking. Click Edit account settings
2. You will be directed to the Modify Account page. Scroll through the options until you reach the Anonymous Marking checkbox. Select this checkbox to enable anonymous marking
3. Scroll to the bottom of the Modify Account page and click the Submit button to save these changes
1. To view the list of students for which anonymous marking has been turned off, select the green tick icon from the Anonymous Marking column on the main Accounts homepage
2. You will be directed to the Anonymous Marking page, detailing all anonymous marking deactivations. This page will list the assignment instructor's name, student's name, paper ID, the date that the anonymous marking was turned off, and the reason for it being turned off. You can also download this information for your own record by clicking the Export button in the top right corner of the Anonymous Marking page