All users must create a user profile. However, if you are an existing Turnitin user, please skip to guidance on Logging In.
There are two ways for an instructor to access Turnitin:
Warning: Each Turnitin account must be assigned a unique email address in the Turnitin system. Users who have previously created a Turnitin account must log in with the email address and password originally provided.
If you have received a welcome email from Turnitin, this confirms that your institution's Turnitin administrator has added you to their account, allowing you to begin creating classes, adding students, and creating assignments.
Note: If you believe that an administrator has added you as an instructor, but you have not received a welcome email from Turnitin, please check your spam or junk folder. Alternatively, contact your administrator to check that your email address has been typed correctly.
To access your Turnitin account, please follow the instructions below.
1. Click the Get Started button from your Turnitin welcome email.
2. You will be directed to a quick 4-step introduction to Turnitin, with useful guidance to familiarize you with class and assignment creation, as well as adding your students. You can save this page for later reading, too.
At the bottom of Turnitin's Getting Started page, click the Create Password button to access Turnitin's account setup pages.
3a. To create your password, enter your email address (this must be the same email address to which your Turnitin welcome email was sent), along with your last name or family name.
3b. Click Next to continue.
4. Turnitin will send you an email to validate your account, with the subject: Set up your Turnitin Account. Return to your email inbox, ensuring you check your email client's spam or junk folder for this email.
5. Follow the instructions in your email to finish setting up your Turnitin account. This will direct you back to Turnitin's account setup pages.
Note: The create password URL included in your email contains a unique ID and will expire if you fail to click it within 24 hours. If your create password link is no longer working, click the link under Has your link expired? to request a new email.
6a. Enter and confirm your new password. Your password must be between 6 and 12 characters, containing at least one letter and one number.
6b. Click the Create Password button to finish the account setup process. Alternatively, click Cancel to abort.
7. Your account setup is now complete; an email will also be sent to confirm this setup. You can now log in to Turnitin to set your security question and answer and begin using the service.
Click the Log in Now link.
8. Using your email address and newly created password, enter this information in the login fields provided.
9. After login, you have the opportunity to amend your name and email address, should any of this information have been entered incorrectly.
9a. You will be asked to provide an answer to a security question, should you need to reset your Turnitin password.
9b. Click Next to continue.
10. Click the I Agree -- Continue button to accept Turnitin's user agreement and enter the Turnitin service. Alternatively, click I Disagree -- Logout.
If you are new to Turnitin and have not been added to an account by your account administrator, you must create an instructor profile. To create your own instructor account, your account ID and account join password are required.
Note: The account ID and account join password is needed to ensure you have authorization to join an account, and can only be obtained from your account administrator. Instructors wishing to access Turnitin must contact the appropriate personnel at the institution to receive the account ID and join password. Turnitin staff cannot distribute this information to any user.
Account administrators may distribute this data or may add instructors to a Turnitin account themselves, which will send an automatic welcome email, allowing access to the account.
1. Go to www.turnitin.com and click on the Create Account link
2. Click on the instructor link
3. The Create a New Instructor Account form must be completed
4. Enter the account ID number and account join password for the institutional account
5. Enter the user first name, last name, and a valid e-mail address to use as the login for Turnitin
5b. You can also chose what format you would like your name to be displayed within Turnitin
6. Select a password for logging in. The password must be six to twelve characters including at least one letter and one number. The password is case sensitive.
7. Select a secret question from the pull down menu and enter the answer. This answer is not case sensitive. Click on next to continue
8. At the bottom of the screen you will find the User Agreement for Turnitin. To continue using Turnitin, the user must click on the I agree - - create profile to access Turnitin