The student list page allows an instructor to access the class portfolio (a collection of submissions, Similarity Reports, peer reviews, and marked papers for the class) for each student, drop or add students, block students from accessing the class, or contact the list of students individually or via Email.
1. To access the assignment inbox, click the All Classes tab, which will direct you to the Instructor homepage.
2. From the Instructor homepage, click on the class name of the student list you wish to access. You will be directed to the class homepage
3. From the Class homepage, the student list for a class is gained by clicking the students tab on the tab column.
The features of the student home page include:
1. Click on the name of a student to visit the class portfolio for the student.
1. Click on the Email address of any student to open a mail window in your default Email program.
1. Click the e-mail all students link to compose and send an e-mail to all students in the class.
Students can be locked or unlocked from a class once they have logged into Turnitin with their user profile.
1. Click the lock icon to toggle the student from unlocked (lock not closed) to locked (lock closed with red background) if needed.
2. When changing the lock status, a dialog box will pop up asking you to confirm this change. Click OK to continue, or Cancel to abort.
Note: When a student is locked, the student profile can no longer access the class.
1. Click the drop icon to the right of the student Email address to remove the student from a class. Accidentally dropped students may be re-added manually, but must be added under the same Email address to regain access to the previous submissions that were made.
Warning: Students should be dropped from a class only if you are absolutely certain that the student user profile and its submissions are no longer needed. Dropped students cannot re-add themselves to the class even with the class ID and enrollment password