As a student, you can submit your paper to Turnitin using the Feedback Studio for iPad app. The app allows you to select your paper from your iCloud Drive or Google Drive, then send your paper to Turnitin, and await feedback from your instructor.
1. If you are holding your iPad in portrait orientation, you must tap Accounts in the top left-hand corner to access the sidebar. Skip to step 2 if you are holding your iPad in landscape orientation, as the sidebar will already be visible.
2. Tap your account name in the Feedback Studio for iPad sidebar.
3. Tap your class name in the Feedback Studio for iPad.
4. From the assignment list, tap the assignment you would like to access. Each assignment will show the assignment's due date and submission status. Tap the assignment to view the assignment information in full.
5. From the assignment information page, tap Submit to Assignment.
6. Enter your assignment title, then tap Select File.
7. Feedback Studio for iPad allows you to select your file from either your iCloud Drive or Google Drive. Locate and select your file.
8. Allow your file time to transfer into the Feedback Studio for iPad app.
9. At this point, the Feedback Studio for iPad app will inform you of any issues with your file. Should you receive any error messaging, please refer to Turnitin's file requirements to ensure your file meets the submission criteria.
Tap Submit to continue or alternatively, tap Remove to select an alternative file.
10. Once your assignment has been submitted, you will be provided with a number of assignment options, allowing you to preview your paper or digital receipt.
You may also opt to resubmit your paper by clicking the Resubmit button. This option is only available for students whose instructor has enabled this setting.
Late submissions are only available to students whose instructors have enabled this assignment setting. If the Submit Late option is unavailable when your assignment status shows as Past Due, please contact your instructor regarding this.
The About section, located on the assignment information page, will inform you of whether late submissions are allowed.
Resubmissions are only available to students whose instructors have enabled this assignment setting. If the Resubmit option is unavailable when your assignment status shows as Submitted, please contact your instructor regarding this.
The About section, located on the assignment information page, will inform you of whether resubmissions are allowed.resubmissions are allowed.
If an assignment is set to allow any file type, Turnitin will accept any of the following:
Files less than 40mb
Files with a minimum of 25 words
Files less than 400 pages
If the assignment is set to allow only file types that Turnitin can check for similarity, Turnitin will only accept files that can generate similarity reports. This includes:
Microsoft Word® (.doc/.docx)
OpenOffice Text (.odt)
Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
Rich text format (.rtf)
Plain text (.txt)
Google Docs via Google Drive™
Microsoft PowerPoint® (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)
Microsoft Excel® (.xls and .xlsx)
Turnitin will not accept the following to generate similarity reports:
Password protected files
Microsoft® Works (.wps) files
Microsoft Word 2007 macros-enabled .docm files
OpenOffice Text (.odt) files created and downloaded from Google Docs online
Document (.doc) files created using OpenOffice, as they are not 100% Microsoft Word equivalent
Spreadsheets created outside of Microsoft Excel (such as .ods)
Text with visual effects
For more information on Turnitin's accepted and rejected file types, please click here.