All users must create a user profile. However, if you are an existing Turnitin user, please skip to guidance on Logging In.
There are two ways for an instructor to access Turnitin:
An administrator may provide the instructor with an account ID and join password, allowing the instructor to join an account via the Turnitin website.
Warning: Each Turnitin account must be assigned a unique email address in the Turnitin system. Users who have previously created a Turnitin account must log in with the email address and password originally provided.
If you are new to Turnitin and have not been added to an account by your account administrator, you must create an instructor profile. To create your own instructor account, your account ID and account join password are required.
Note: The account ID and account join password is needed to ensure you have authorization to join an account, and can only be obtained from your account administrator. Instructors wishing to access Turnitin must contact the appropriate personnel at the institution to receive the account ID and join password. Turnitin staff cannot distribute this information to any user.
Account administrators may distribute this data or may add instructors to a Turnitin account themselves, which will send an automatic welcome email, allowing access to the account.
1. Go to www.turnitin.com and click on the Create Account link
2. Click on the instructor link
3. The Create a New Instructor Account form must be completed
4. Enter the account ID number and account join password for the institutional account
5. Enter the user first name, last name, and a valid e-mail address to use as the login for Turnitin
5b. You can also chose what format you would like your name to be displayed within Turnitin
6. Select a password for logging in. The password must be six to twelve characters including at least one letter and one number. The password is case sensitive.
7. Select a secret question from the pull down menu and enter the answer. This answer is not case sensitive. Click on next to continue
8. At the bottom of the screen you will find the User Agreement for Turnitin. To continue using Turnitin, the user must click on the I agree - - create profile to access Turnitin