Each assignment in a class has an assignment inbox. The assignment inbox contains any submissions that have been made by students or the instructor to the assignment.
1. To access the assignment inbox, click the All Classes tab, which will direct you to the Instructor homepage.
2. From the Instructor homepage, click on the class name of the assignments you wish to access. You will be directed to the class homepage
3. From the Class homepage, click on the View link under the Actions column next to the assignment that you wish to access
The assignment inbox is a sorted list of columns containing information regarding submissions in an assignment. The assignment inbox can be organized by any of the criteria listed - for example, clicking on the column heading name of author will sort the contents of the assignment box by author last name from A to Z. Clicking the column heading again will sort it again by the reverse of the criteria, from Z to A.
The column headings in the assignment inbox are:
The assignment inbox also contains a number of items in the assignment inbox panel at the top of the assignment inbox. The items are:
These allow an instructor to select which folder of an assignment inbox to view. By default, all papers are in the new papers folder. Papers can be moved between folders in the assignment inbox by using the move to function. Papers only can be placed in a single folder. Selecting a folder will display only that folder unless all papers is selected, which shows every submission in an assignment
Turnitin offers the instructor user many methods to organize papers in the assignment inbox to assist with handling large classes or simply to quickly sort the submissions and Originality Reports in an inbox.
The following are the ways an instructor is able to organize the assignment inbox:
GradeMark Report provides information on how many times each QuickMark was used on and each rubric criterion rating given for each graded paper in an assignment. This allows instructors to more quickly identify learning patterns among their students and determine which rubric criteria or writing skills their students show strengths or weaknesses in.
Within the GradeMark report there are two main viewing options: the rubrics tab or the QuickMarks tab. If e-rater grammar check is turned on for an assignment a third tab will appear titled e-rater® Marks.
1. To view the GradeMark Report summary click on the GradeMark Report button.
2. By clicking on the QuickMarks tab, this will display the QuickMark sets used in grading the papers within the assignment and the number of QuickMark editing marks used in each paper from each QuickMark set.
3. To view the specific QuickMark editing marks that were used from each QuickMark set, click on the details link under the QuickMark set that you would like to view
4. GradeMark report tracks and records each QuickMark used within a students paper. This information is located underneath the QuickMark symbol column header to the right of the student name and paper title. Use the QuickMark set name tabs to navigate between QuickMark sets.
5a. To make any changes to the GradeMark report, click on the gm link under GradeMark, which will open GradeMark. Once you have made these changes, close the GradeMark window
5b. For the aforementioned changes to update in the GradeMark report, click on the Refresh Report button in the top right corner of the GradeMark report page. This will update the changes made
5c. To export the GradeMark report click on the Export Report button in the top right corner of the GradeMark report page. Whichever page of the GradeMark report you are currently viewing will be exported to an excel file.
1. Select the Rubric/Form tab to open the rubric portion of the GradeMark report.
2. There are two viewing options for the rubrics tab: numerical scores or qualitative scores. Use the View as drop-down menu to move between the two options.
3. Ensure the rubric or form scores are showing for each criterion. If the values aren't appearing, simply click the Refresh Report button.
3. Click Export Report to download the current view of the rubric/form report