You can navigate through papers submitted to an assignment by looking in the top right-hand corner of the navigation frame. Here, you will find arrows to move between papers and a dropdown list that allows you to chose from all papers that have been submitted so far.
1. Find the navigation arrows in the top right-hand corner of the Turnitin Feedback Studio
2. The left arrow will take you back to the previous paper and the right arrow will move you to the next paper. Papers are ordered by the date they were submitted.
1. Find the paper count in the top right-hand corner of the page. This shows the paper that you are currently grading. Click on the arrow to view all the papers that have been submitted to your assignment, along with your students' names.
2. This drop-down list informs you of all of the papers that have been submitted to an assignment so far. It shows the student's name on the left and the paper title on the right. Clicking on any of the submissions will change the Turnitin Feedback Studio to that paper.
The thumbnail bar gives you a quick overview of the paper you are currently grading.
1. The thumbnail bar can be accessed by clicking on the black tab in the left-hand corner of the Turnitin Feedback Studio.
2. By clicking on one of the thumbnails, this will jump to the relevant page within the paper.
3. You can ‘lock’ or 'unlock' the thumbnail bar using the padlock icon in the top left-hand corner of the thumbnail bar; this will resize the paper to fit your current view.
Note: Locking the thumbnail bar will prevent you from being able to close it.
4. To close the thumbnail bar, unlock it by clicking on the locked padlock icon, then click the black tab that was originally used to open it.
Layers allow you to view more than one service at the same time. With layers, you can view the similarity report and add bubble comments at the same time. Layers can be toggled on and off using either the toolbar or the Active Layers side panel.
The service toolbar makes it easier for you to toggle between different layers, and you can do so from the layers icon at the top of each service section.
1. Find the layer switch for the service you would like to toggle. If the layer switch is blue, red, or purple, this means the service layer is active.
2. If the layer is black, the overlay is inactive. By clicking the black layer icon above each service, this will activate it.
3. In the example below, the similarity section is active, but online grading and e-rater® are inactive.
1. Alternatively, you can click the layer icon at the very top of the toolbar, which will open the Active Layers side panel.
2. In the Active Layers side panel, the services available to you will be displayed alongside a check box. Click the relevant check boxes to activate or deactivate your chosen services. This will change the color status of the layer icon for each service.
In the example below, the online grading and similarity layers are active, but e-rater is inactive.
Below, you'll find a view of a paper, where all layers are active.