The join account and join account (TA) tabs allow an instructor to join an additional Turnitin account. Some instructors may need to join multiple departmental or campus accounts or may be employed by multiple institutions.
If upon first login, there are no accounts available in the Instructor homepage, you must join an account in order to create a class and assignment.
1. To join an account as an instructor, click the Join Account tab from any page
2. Enter the Account ID and Join password via the Join a Turnitin Account form. You must have the Account ID and Join password to hand in order to proceed. The ID and password is available from your account administrator only.
3. Once you have entered the Account ID and Join password, click Submit, where you will be redirected back to the Instructor homepage, where the account will now be accessible
1. To join an account as a TA, click the Join Account (TA) tab from any page
2. Enter the Account ID and Join password via the Join account as a teaching assistant (TA) form. To add a new section type class to a master class set, the TA must have the master class ID and TA join password for the master class. This information is available from the master class instructor.
3. Enter the Section name or number and Section enrollment password. The Section enrollment password is chosen by you and should be distributed to anyone wishing to join this class in the future.
4. Click Submit to proceed or Cancel to abort the procedure
5. Turnitin will confirm your chosen section name or number and section enrollment password. Click Continue to get started
Note: If you would like students to enroll themselves in this class, they will need both the enrollment password you have chosen and the unique class ID generated by Turnitin.
Note: Should you ever forget the class ID, it is the number to the left of the class name on your class list. You can view or change your enrollment password by editing the class.