The class calendar automatically tracks important dates for the Turnitin assignments created in a class. It also allows an instructor to add class notes, announcements, and holidays. If an instructor has prepared a syllabus document for the class, the instructor can also upload the class syllabus to the calendar area. Turnitin assignments created in a class. It also allows an instructor to add class notes, announcements, and holidays.
Students access information posted to the class calendar from the student class calendar option that is available to students on the class homepage.
To access the class calendar, the instructor must log into Turnitin and click on the class name to enter the class. Once the class is open, click on theTurnitin and click on the class name to enter the class. Once the class is open, click on the calendar tab to open the class calendar.
When the calendar opens it will display the current month and year. The instructor can move between months of the year by clicking on the month tabs along the top of the calendar.
To change the year view, use the year pull down menu to select a year to view.
Assignments and peer reviews created by an instructor automatically become part of the class calendar. A link appears for each assignment’s date. The link displays the assignment or peer review title. To view a summary of an assignment or review, click on the assignment or review title on the class calendar.
Class Notes - class notes uploaded to the calendar are accessible to students enrolled in a class. The instructor can add a single set of notes to a calendar date or can upload notes for multiple dates using the bulk upload feature.
1. Click on the date on the calendar for the day the note pertains to
2. From the calendar entry page, click Browse to select a note document to upload. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, RTF, PDF, plain text, and HTML
3. Click submit to upload the note to the class calendar
A notes icon will appear on the appropriate date on the class calendar for each set of notes that were submitted. To display a note, click on the note pad icon for a date.
Announcements can be added to the class calendar by the instructor. Students will see an announcement icon and be able to view the announcement by clicking on the icon after the student accesses the class calendar page for the class.
1. Click on the date on the calendar for the day the announcement pertains to
2. On the calendar entry page, enter a title and additional information for the announcement
3. Click submit to add the announcement to the class calendar
An announcement icon will appear on the class calendar along with a linked announcement title. Students or the instructor can view the full announcement detail by clicking on the link.
To delete an existing announcement, click on the date of the announcement. The screen will display all announcements that have been added to the selected date.
To delete an announcement click on the red x icon to the right of the announcement.
From the entry page, holidays can be added to the class calendar. If the class does not meet on a specified holiday, it can be designated as a day off.
1. Click on the date on the calendar for the day the holiday pertains to
2. On the calendar entry page, enter a name for the holiday in the holiday field
3. Click submit to save the holiday onto the calendar
The name for the holiday will appear on the class calendar and the day will be given a light blue highlight for emphasis.
If a class syllabus has been written, an instructor can upload it to the class calendar. Students can view and download the syllabus from the student view of the class calendar.
1. Click the syllabus button on the class calendar page
2. From the syllabus page click the Browse button and locate the file to upload. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, RTF, PDF, plain text, and HTML
3. Click submit to add the document as the class syllabus
The syllabus will be posted to the syllabus page. If another syllabus is posted it will replace and overwrite the current syllabus. Only a single document at a time will be available on the class syllabus page.
The calendar can also be viewed in list mode. The list mode displays all assignments and entries for the current calendar year. Dates that do not have assignments or entries are excluded from the list.
To switch to the calendar list, click the list button on the calendar.
The calendar list mode works similarly to the calendar mode. Any item can be viewed by clicking on it. To update an item, click the update icon to the right of the item.
To switch back to the calendar view, click the calendar mode button.