If an instructor has added the student to a course and the student has received the automated notification e-mail containing a temporary password or if the student has used Turnitin previously and has an existing user profile, continue down to the Logging In section.
Warning: A class ID and enrollment password are required to enroll in a class on Turnitin. This information may only be provided by the instructor of the class. Turnitin cannot provide a class ID or enrollment password in any circumstances. If you do not have this information contact the class instructor.
1. Go to www.turnitin.com and click on the Create Account link next to the Log In button
2. Click on student link
3. The Create a New Turnitin Student Account form must be completed to create a new student user account
4. Enter the class ID number and the case sensitive Turnitin class enrollment password
5. Enter the user first name, last name, and a valid e-mail address to use as the login for Turnitin
6. Create a user password. The user password must be between six and twelve characters long and contain at least one letter and one number. Re-enter the password to confirm it
7. Select a secret question from the drop-down menu. Enter the answer for the question. Remember and keep this information. The answer is case and space sensitive
8. Review the user agreement. To continue using Turnitin, click on I agree -- create profile
10. From the completed user profile creation page, click on Log in to Turnitin
Note: If step 6 indicates that the e-mail provided is already in Turnitin, there is an existing profile under the e-mail you entered. Please use the Resetting Your Password instructions, if the password has been forgotten, to gain access to the user profile if you had a previously existing Turnitin user profile, or use an alternate e-mail address for your Turnitin access.