In order to log in to the Turnitin for iPad app, you must have a Turnitin instructor user profile associated with a valid institutional Turnitin account. You must have your log in credentials or access code available to gain access to your Turnitin account.
1. Download the Turnitin for iPad app from the App Store
2. Once downloaded, tap the Turnitin icon from your iPad's homepage
3. You will be greeted with a "Welcome to Turnitin for iPad" message
3a. (Optional) Tap the Try Demo button to launch the tutorial and explore the various features of the app. This is a quick and easy way to learn how to use the app
3b. Choose the Turnitin service that you use. Tap either Turnitin or TurnitinUK to continue
4. Depending on the service selected in step 3b, your access options may differ
4a. Tap the website you usually use to access Turnitin and skip to the Logging In guidance below. Otherwise, if you access Turnitin through an integration, tap Integrated LMS and move to step 4b
4b. By selecting Integrated LMS, you will be advised that a class access code is required and can be gained through visiting a Turnitin integration's Document Viewer. Select Continue if you already have an access code. If you do not yet have an access code, please view the guidance for Generating an Access Code.
5. You can tap Back in the top right-hand corner at any time if you have made an incorrect selection during the setup process
1a. If you usually sign in to Turnitin directly, ensure that the Username toggle is selected to allow you to enter your username and password. Your username is your Turnitin registered email address
1b. If you have forgotten your log in details, you can reset your password via secret questions or by the email address that you originally used during signup. Turnitin cannot send password reset information to any other email address. For further guidance, view the Resetting Your Password section. Return to step 1a once you have followed the password reset guide.
2. Once you have entered your log in credentials, tap Log In
3. You must create a 4-digit security passcode. You will be asked to enter this code when returning to the Turnitin app after a period of inactivity. This will make logging in faster in the future.
3a. Enter your 4-digit passcode using the numeric keypad
3b. Re-enter your passcode to confirm it. This will submit automatically and finalize your log in
If you access Turnitin through an integration with a learning management system, you will need to use a class access code in order to log in to your classes on Turnitin for iPad
1a. Tap the Access Code toggle and enter your class Access Code to log in. Tap Add to add the class to your account
1b. If you do not yet have an access code, please view the guidance for Generating an Access Code.
2. Once you have entered your log in credentials, tap Add.
3. (Optional) To add more classes to the app, view the guidance for Adding Additional Class Codes After Log In
4. You must create a 4-digit security passcode. You will be asked to enter this code when returning to the Turnitin app after a period of inactivity. This will make logging in faster in the future
4a. Enter your 4-digit passcode using the numeric keypad
4b. Re-enter your passcode to confirm it. This will submit automatically and finalize your log in
If you access Turnitin through an integration with a learning management system, you will need to generate a class access code in order to log in to your classes on Turnitin for iPad. To generate a unique class access code:
1. Log into your LMS from a computer
2. Open the Turnitin Document Viewer for a paper in a class
3. Tap on the iPad access button in the bottom left of the document viewer
4. A popup box will appear. Click the Generate code button to gain your Access Code
5. Your one-time Access Code will appear in place of the Generate code button. Make a note of this code for use within the Turnitin for iPad app.
6. Access the Turnitin for iPad app to log in using the Access Code
If you use Turnitin through turnitin.com or turnitinuk.com and also through an LMS integration, you can log into Turnitin for iPad using your username and password, then continue to add the necessary access codes from your LMS. The same applies if you only use Turnitin through an LMS integration - you can add more access codes after log in.
1. Once logged in, tap the user profile button in the top right-hand corner
2. Tap the Add a class with access code button, which will repeat the process of logging in with an access code
3. Tap the account name from the Turnitin homepage in order to view your list of added classes
4. You can now view and access your classes from this page
Note: You cannot remove classes using Turnitin for iPad. In order to remove the classes from this list, you must permanently delete this class using your computer.
You need to change the source setting on Turnitin for iPad to point to TurnitinUK if you use turnitinuk.com to access Turnitin directly. This may explain any log in issues with both username or access codes.
1. To change Turnitin for iPad?s source setting, tap the Settings icon on your iPad
2. Scroll through the left-hand navigation menu and tap Turnitin
3. Tap the Service button to select the back end service that you will be connecting to. This button will show you the service that you are currently connected to
4. Tap TurnitinUK if this has not already been selected. A blue tick will appear alongside the option to confirm the change
You can remove your whole account from Turnitin from iPad, should you no longer wish to use the app to grade your papers
1. Tap the user profile button in the top right-hand corner of the app homepage
2. Tap the red Unlink iPad from Turnitin button, which will completely remove your account from the iPad app, returning you to the main log in page