The Turnitin administrator must first configure the Blackboard integration before the Turnitin Building Block can be downloaded and installed. You should log into your Turnitin account at www.turnitin.com or http://www.turnitinuk.com for TurnitinUK users.
2. Click on the integrations button for the account. If purchased, the unconfigured button will appear under the integrations column. If the integration has already been configured, click on the configured button and skip to step 7. If the integration has not been configured, click on the unconfigured button.
3. Click on Blackboard Direct from the Integrations Configuration Dashboard to open up the configuration page. Unconfigured platforms will have an unlit status button.
4. Fill out the three required fields:
Tip: The shared key is used during the plug-in installation process within Blackboard. We recommend making a note of the secret key once it has been entered for quick reference
5. You will also be required to provide the First Name, Last Name and Email Address for a technical contact who is responsible for maintaining your integration.
6. Check the box to agree and click Save to finalize the Blackboard Direct configuration. Otherwise, click Cancel to abort the configuration process.
7. Once the integration has been configured, you will be directed to the Blackboard Direct Configuration & Technical Support Information page.
7. You can download the latest version of the building block by following this link.
8. The dashboard will now show a green status button, indicating a fully configured integration. A yellow status button indicates a partially completed configuration.
8. To amend the configuration information, click on Blackboard Direct from the Configuration Dashboard, and click Edit in the top right-hand corner of the Blackboard Direct Configuration & Technical Support Information.
Here, you can also deactivate the configuration by clicking the red Deactivate button in the bottom right-hand corner.
Confirm your deactivation by clicking Confirm. Select Cancel to abort the cancellation.