The guide below will assist you in the final step of your LTI configuration.
Note: LTI Configuration is required in each Canvas course that you intend to place LTI assignments.
1. Log in as a Canvas administrator.
2. From the side of any page within Canvas, select the Courses tab, then select the course in which you would like to configure Turnitin LTI with.
Note: If the course is not displayed in the My courses list, select All courses, and use the checkboxes to add the course to the list.
3. From the left-hand navigation, click Settings
4. Select the Apps tab from the top of the Settings page, then select View App Configuration.
5. Select the + App to bring up the Add App pop-up box, allowing you to configure your administrator account for an LTI external app.
5a. Set the Configuration Type to Manual Entry.
5b. Enter a name for your external app. (for example, Turnitin, Turnitin LTI, etc.).
5c. Enter your Consumer Key. This is the five-digit Turnitin Account ID Number included in your Welcome to Turnitin email, and also located to the left of the Account Name in your Turnitin Administrator account.
5d. Enter your Shared Secret. This is the Shared Key set by the Turnitin administrator, and is exactly 8 alphanumerical characters in length. The creation of this key is detailed in step 5 of Configuring the LTI API in Turnitin.
5e. Enter one of the following URLs for the Turnitin paper assignment, which is based on your location:
https://api.turnitinuk.com/api/lti/1p0/assignment (UK users only)
https://api.turnitin.com/api/lti/1p0/assignment (All other users)
5f. Enter the Domain as either turnitin.com if you are part of a global institution, or turnitinuk.com if you are part of a UK institution. This is a required field if you are using the custom fields detailed in step 6h.
5g. Set Privacy to Public.
Note: The public setting is required in order to launch the Turnitin Tool and ensures that the LMS and Turnitin users are mapped correctly.
5h. Enter the following variables into the Custom Fields box:
6. Leave the Description box blank at this time.
7. Select Submit at the bottom of the external tool editor to save the app.
8. Once these steps are complete, instructors may begin to use the Turnitin Tool by creating a new Canvas assignment. View instructor guidance for creating a Canvas Turnitin LTI assignment for further assistance.