Providing you've configured Turnitin LTI in BrightSpace, you can quickly create a Turnitin LTI assignment in your BrightSpace learning management system. Follow the steps below to create your Turnitin LTI assignment.
Enabling Turnitin for an Assignment
- Select the course you would like to add a Turnitin enabled assignment to
- Select Assignments
- Select New Folder
- In the new folder properties form, enter the name of the folder in the Name field.
- If you are using Turnitin to grade submissions, select the Category where the grade will be stored in the Gradebook and select the Grade Item. You can create a new category and/ or grade item by selecting the relevant link.
- Enter the point value for the assignment in the Out Of field.
- To add a rubric, select the Add Rubric button to open the 'Select Rubric' pop-up. Once you have chosen the rubrics you want to add, select Add Selected.
If you do not select a rubric, a default Turnitin rubric will be used. You can add any additional instructions for the student in the 'Instructions' text box.
- Navigate to the 'Restrictions' tab and set the assignment dates.
Note: The Turnitin assignment must have a start date and a due date specified in the 'Restrictions' panel
- Navigate to the Turnitin tab and enable Turnitin by selecting the check-box.