The Turnitin administrator must first configure the Moodle integration before the code packages can be installed. The account administrator should log into their Turnitin account at www.turnitin.com.
1. Log in as the Turnitin account administrator at the Turnitin homepage http://www.turnitin.com
2. Click on the integrations button for the account. If purchased the unconfigured button will appear under the integrations column. If the integration has already been configured click on the configured button and skip to step 6. If the integration has not been configured click on the unconfigured button
3. Click on Moodle Basic to open up the configuration page. Unconfigured platforms will have an unlit status button. Yellow status buttons indicates a partially configured integration. The green status button indicates a fully configured integration
4. Fill out the three required fields:
Tip: The shared key is used during the plug-in installation process within Moodle. We recommend making a note of the secret key once it has been entered for quick reference
5. Click Save to finalize the Moodle Basic configuration.
6. Once the integration has been configured you can download the latest version of the code package by clicking on this link
When migrating to a new LMS server, upgrading an LMS server, or making any changes to the system which would result in deleting or changing existing LMS IDs (also referred to as database primary keys or PKIDs), you should backup your existing LMS IDs for users, courses and assignments. This information is required by our support team to restore your previous data. Prior to upgrading your system, please contact Turnitin support.