Once your teacher gives you an assignment, a link will automatically appear in your class page. Your teacher should tell you the name of your assignment.
That link will take you to the Revision Assistant application where you can start working on your essay.
- Once you're in your class page, click on the assignment link (provided by your teacher) and you will be taken straight to your assignment.
- After clicking the link in your course page you will be brought to the composition space. Here you will be able to read the directions, read sources, and view the rubric.
- Underneath is a link to the rubric for the assignment. This is a separate file that describes how the essay is being graded and information about how to get a better score. Refer to this to help understand the feedback from Revision Assistant.
- Next, if your teacher provided instructions, those instructions will appear in a box with your teacher’s avatar at the top left. Make sure you look for these because your teacher might include some important information there!
- When you're ready to begin writing, click the "Start Prewriting" or "Start Writing". For more about writing your essay, check out Write Your Essay and Get Signal Checks.