Move to Canvas LTI 1.3 with Confidence
Welcome to your central resource for migrating from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3 in Canvas. This page will guide you through every aspect of the migration process.
We suggest utilizing this page as a starting point, but should you have any questions, feel free to raise them on the Canvas discussion board.
Advantages of upgrading to LTI 1.3
If you're currently using LTI 1.1 within the Canvas environment, this move offers enhanced security measures and useful features like roster syncing, simplified assignment creation, and improved grade pass back services.
The timeline for migration is in your hands. With no immediate end-of-support dates for LTI 1.1, you have the flexibility to choose the right time for your institution. However, we recommend starting the migration process at your earliest convenience.
Watch these bite-sized webinar recordings to smoothly transition to LTI 1.3
On June 13, 2023, we hosted a webinar with a focus on the key advantages of LTI 1.3, test and production environments setup, and assignment workflow.
Watch the recordings to address your primary questions and better understand how the LTI 1.3 integration works.
- Introducing LTI 1.3
- Migrating to LTI 1.3
- Integration setup in test and production environments
- Assignment workflow overview
Explore the resources below to simplify the transition process:
- Configuring Turnitin LTI 1.3 in a Canvas-hosted environment
- Configuring Turnitin LTI 1.3 in a self-hosted or open-source Canvas environment
- Configuring Turnitin in a Canvas test or beta environment
- Migration recommendations for administrators
- Migration FAQs for administrators
- Administrator help guides
- Migration FAQs for instructors
- Instructor help guides
- Student help guides
- LMS course copy recommendations
- Turnitin Assignment Copy
- Canvas LTI vs. Plagiarism Framework comparison chart