Every Turnitin LTI assignment has its own Assignment Inbox where you can edit assignment settings, see who has submitted work, and access the Similarity Reports for submissions. Check out the quick steps below for how to launch an assignment in your LMS so you can see your assignment inbox.
- Log in to your university's Learning Management System (e.g., Blackboard) the way you normally do.
- Navigate to your course and list of assignments. Select the assignment you'd like to view the inbox for. Once your assignment opens, you will see a header with the due date, the title and instructions for the assignment. This will launch the LTI tool.
- Once you're in the inbox, you'll be able to edit assignment settings, review submissions and view students' Similarity Reports.
- To view a student's Similarity Report, select the student's Similarity Score in the Similarity column.
Similarity Report considerations
- If you see a gray Not Submitted notification for a student, either the assignment hasn't started or they haven't submitted work yet. Check back once the start and due dates (found at the top left corner of the inbox) have passed.
- If you see a red Not Submitted notification for a student, then the student did not subm it work on time for the assignment.
- If you are using D2L as your LMS and you don't see any students listed in your assignment inbox (and therefore no submissions or reports), this most likely means students haven't submitted work yet. Because of the way D2L interacts with LTI tools, students won't show up as part of your class in your LTI assignment inbox until they have submitted work to the assignment.