In this guide:
When migrating from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3, new grades added to existing submissions on an assignment originally created on LTI 1.1 will not pass back to the Blackboard gradebook. If new submissions are made after the migration, grades for these will pass back to the gradebook.
Migrate from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3
- To migrate from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3 in Blackboard, first navigate to the Administrator Panel by selecting Admin in the left menu.
- In the integrations menu, select LTI Tool Providers.
- In the top menu, select Register LTI 1.3 Tool.
- Enter the client ID: 907b10a5-fbbe-4811-adbf-8ac3a40a2b34
- Your browser will display a message asking you to confirm your decision to migrate to LTI 1.3.
- The Tool Status section will be automatically populated. Please make sure that this is the LTI tool you want to migrate.
- For the Tool Status setting, select Approved.
- Select Submit to migrate the tool from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3.
- You will see a banner indicating your migration within Blackboard has been successful.
Initialize the integration with Turnitin
This is a one-time action that needs to be completed by the account administrator in order to allow use of LTI 1.3. Neither your instructors or students will be prompted for this.
To complete your migration you will need to initialize the integration with Turnitin. To do this, the account administrator will need to create a new assignment.
- Close the Administrator Panel and navigate to the Courses area the left panel.
- Select a course where you are enrolled as an instructor and create a new assignment.
If you are not enrolled in any courses, you will need to be added to an existing course or create a new one.
- If using Original course view:
- Select the Turnitin LTI 1.3 tool from the Build Content area.
- If using Ultra course view:
- Select the Turnitin LTI 1.3 tool from the Content Market area.
- This will launch Turnitin where you will need to fill in your Turnitin administrator credentials and select Sign In.
- Select the Turnitin account (or sub-account) that you would like to link with the tool, and then select Next.
- The Account ID and name will be shown and you will be asked to confirm that this is the account you wish to use for the LTI 1.3 integration. Select Confirm and Complete to complete the migration.