In this guide:
- Importing content from your old course into a new course
- Copying a single assignment to your new course
- Duplicating an assignment in the same course
- Blueprint course copy recommendations
You can import content from past courses into your new course. The settings for past Turnitin enabled Canvas assignments will copy into the new course though you can make adjustments as needed. You can find additional information about copying a course in Canvas' copying a course guidance.
Importing content from your old course into a new course
- Select your new course.
- Select Settings from the course menu on the left.
- Select Import Course Content from the menu on the right.
- For Content Type, select Copy a Canvas Course from the dropdown.
Select the course from which you want to copy content, then select All Content or Specific Content.
Adjust or remove dates as needed, then select Import.
- Once the content has been imported, you can make adjustments to the individual Turnitin enabled assignments as needed.
Copying a single assignment to your new course
You can copy an assignment from your old course to your new course. When you do, your existing Canvas Plagiarism Framework assignment settings will duplicate, too.
Select the course that contains the assignment you'd like to send to your new course.
Select the vertical ellipsis icon alongside the assignment and choose Copy to.
- Choose the course from the dropdown menu that you want to copy the assignment to. You can also choose the module it is in.
- Then choose Copy. You will be prompted when the copy is successful.
- Go to your new course and find the copied assignment. You can adjust dates, text, name, etc. as needed.
Duplicating an assignment in the same course
You can also duplicate any assignment in your course. Once duplicated, the word "Copy" is added to the end of the new assignment name. By duplicating an assignment, your existing Canvas Plagiarism Framework assignment settings will duplicate, too.
- Select the course that contains the assignment you'd like to duplicate.
- Select the vertical ellipsis icon alongside the assignment you'd like to duplicate.
Select Duplicate. Your duplicate assignment will appear directly below the original.
- Amend the new assignment's dates if needed.
- Select Save and publish to publish this assignment, or select Save to save the assignment.
Blueprint course copy recommendations
Blueprint courses allow administrators to update and maintain course templates across any number of courses or instructors. Associating a course with a blueprint course will mirror its contents, including all settings associated with them - this includes Canvas Plagiarism Framework settings. Blueprint courses give administrators the opportunity to create content whilst being able to lock specific settings or content; they can then push updates to all associated courses through course syncing. Any items that are not locked by an administrator can be managed by an instructor and are not overwritten when blueprint course updates are released by an administrator. For more information, see Canvas' blueprint course guidance.