This integration currently has limited availability to those participating in the early access program.
In this guide:
- How does the report view display to instructors?
- What planned features are not currently available?
- Can I use this integration alongside the existing LTI 1.3 external tool integration?
- Does the integration currently support collusion checking?
- Is the integration available to use with other Blackboard Ultra Assessment types?
- What do I need to do if I have a submission that needs to be deleted from Turnitin?
- How long does it take for a similarity score to process?
- Are text-entry submissions supported?
How does the report view display to instructors?
Instructors will see the new Turnitin Similarity Report experience when launching into the report view. View our New Similarity Report guidance to learn more.
What planned features are not currently available?
- Instructor level settings defaults - instructors will need to select their Turnitin settings at the creation of each new assignment.
- Match visibility - currently student matches will always display as private content regardless of whether they are from the same institution or not.
- Anonymity as a setting - currently all Turnitin reports are anonymous by default.
- Document Details - although this feature is available in the report for institutions that have access to this feature, not all information is currently being captured for display.
- Template exclusion
- Translated Matching
Can I use this integration alongside the existing LTI 1.3 external tool integration?
Yes, this integration provides an additional workflow option for instructors, enabling instructor choice depending on the type of assignment set-up required.
It is worth noting that assignments will self match against one another. For example, if an instructor creates the same assignment in both integrations on the same course, with one as a draft and one as the final graded assignment, and students submit a similar document to each, these submissions will appear as matches in the report.
Does the integration currently support collusion checking?
If an instructor selects an assignment due date, and chooses for submissions to either be made to the standard or institutional repository, then a collusion check will occur on the due date. This means that all existing reports will be rerun and updated if their similarity matches/score changes.
Is the integration available to use with other Blackboard Ultra Assessment types?
At this time only the Assignment workflow is supported, however there are plans to additionally offer support for Test Essay Questions and Discussions in the near future.
What do I need to do if I have a submission that needs to be deleted from Turnitin?
Currently it is only possible to delete a submission by providing Turnitin support with the Submission ID. The Submission ID can be located within the Submission Details area of the Turnitin report view.
We are working on an administrator paper lookup tool that will allow administrators the ability to locate and manage submissions themselves. This is something that is currently targeted for completion in 2024.
How long does it take for a similarity score to process?
Normally report scores will generate within a few minutes, however if this is not the case, please wait up to 24 hours before contacting support as further attempts to generate the report will continue for this timeframe.
Still encountering an issue with report generation after 24 hours? Please provide the full URL from within the Ultra grading UI when contacting support:
Are text-entry submissions supported?
The integration does support both file and text based submissions in Blackboard Ultra, however there is a known issue where <p> tags are displayed between paragraphs in the Turnitin report with text based submissions. This issue is being investigated.